- cognitive impairment
- executive function disorder
- memory disorders
- mild cognitive impairment
- alzheimer's testing
- cognitive health
- cognitive rehabilitation
- coping skills
- neurocognitive testing
Chmaika P. Mills, PhD, is a clinical neuropsychologist at MedStar National Rehabilitation Network (Montgomery Medical Center). Her clinical interests include comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations for the assessment and treatment of adolescence and adults with complex medical histories and an array of neurological conditions, including traumatic brain injuries; dementias and neurodegenerative disorders; stroke and other cerebrovascular disorders; and medical and psychiatric comorbidities. She also provides cognitive rehabilitation and psychotherapy to patients and their families when injuries result in functional changes to daily living and/or adjustment or mood disorders.
Dr. Mills received her doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology with a specialization in Adult Neuropsychology from Howard University. She completed her Neuropsychology-track internship at the Washington DC Veterans Affairs Medical Center (WDC VAMC) followed by a two-year Neuropsychology post-doctoral fellowship with the War-Related Risk and Injury Study Center (WRIISC), also at the WDC VAMC.
- Fellowship Program: Washington DC VA Medical Center (2019)
- Graduate Education: Howard University (2017)
- Internship Program: Washington DC VA Medical Center (2017)
- Graduate Education: Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (2007)
- Williams-Washington, K.N., & Mills, C.P. (2018). African American Historical Trauma: Creating an Inclusive Measure. Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development. doi: 10.1002/jmcd.12113
- Mills, C.P, Hill, H.M., & Johnson, J. (2017). Mediated effects of coping on mental health outcomes of African American women exposed to physical and psychological abuse. Violence Against Women. doi: 1077801216686219
- Williams-Washington, K.N., Mills, C., Thornquist, M. & Sickel, M. (2016). Family life and military service. In T.P. Gullotta and G.M. Blau (eds.), Handbook of Childhood Behavioral Issues (pp. 101-117). New York: Routledge Press.
- 18109 Prince Philip DriveOlney, MD 20832
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital