Dr. Christian Jones has joined MedStar Health as the Chief of Surgery at MedStar Good Samaritan and Union Memorial Hospitals. He most recently served as an Assistant Professor at Johns Hopkins University Hospital where he directed the Acute Care Surgery Fellowship. He received his medical degree from the Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, completed his general surgery training at the University of Kansas Medical Center and his Critical Care training at The Ohio State University. He specializes in acute care (emergency general surgery) and trauma surgery as well as surgical critical care. He has a Master’s of Science in Mathematics from the University of Florida and his Bachelors of Science in Mathematics form the Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, California.
Christian Jones is an acute care surgeon, certified by the American Board of Surgery in Surgery and Surgical Critical Care, treating acutely ill and injured patients who benefit from the care of a compassionate, knowledgeable, and capable surgeon. With a career starting in academic mathematics, training in and practicing general surgery, trauma surgery, and critical care surgery at university-based academic medical centers, and working at rural and suburban community hospitals, Dr. Jones’s broad experience in and out of surgery informs his team-based multidisciplinary approach to patient care, systems improvement, and medical education. Dr. Jones is Chief of Surgery at MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital and MedStar Union Memorial Hospital.
- Fellowship Program: The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center (2013)
- Residency Program: University of Kansas Medical Center (2012)
- Medical School: University of Southern California (2007)
- Graduate Education: University of Florida Health Sciences (2003)
- Board Certification: American Board of Surgery, Surgery
- Board Certification: American Board of Surgery, Surgical Critical Care
- MedStar Harbor Hospital
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital