- Pain Medicine
Felix Gurman, MD, is a trained pain management specialist with a background in anesthesiology. He grew up in the DC/Baltimore area, where he attended the University of Maryland at College Park obtaining a degree in Physiology and Neurobiology. Subsequently, he attended the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
During that time Dr. Gurman worked for several biotechnology companies conducting scientific research. He spent time training in internal medicine at Morristown Memorial Hospital in New Jersey. He then trained in the field of anesthesiology at the Allegheny/West Penn Health System in Pittsburgh, PA.
Dr. Gurman returned to the Maryland area to specialize in pain management, completing the prestigious ACGME accredited fellowship at the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
Dr. Gurman believes the key to managing pain involves an individually structured multi-modal approach, consisting of medication management, procedural interventions, physical conditioning, and alternative medicine. He closely follows new and developing techniques in the field of pain management and has presented on this topic at an international conference of pain physicians.
- Fellowship Program: University of Maryland Medical Center (2013)
- Residency Program: The Western Pennsylvania Hospital (2012)
- Internship Program: Morristown Medical Center (2009)
- Medical School: University of Maryland School of Medicine (2008)
- Board Certification: American Board of Anesthesiology, Anesthesiology
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center