- alcohol dependency
- attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- bariatric surgery counseling
- behavioral disorders
- bipolar disorder
- borderline personality disorder
- mood disorders
- obsessive compulsive disorder
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- psychological abuse
- behavioral health
- cognitive behavioral therapy
- dialectical behavioral therapy
- spinal cord stimulator
Lisa Chan, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist at MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital serving adults with spinal cord injuries, individuals with complex medical and pain conditions, and those with various physical disabilities. Her current work involves assessment and psychotherapy with individuals within the inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation environments.
After completing her undergraduate studies at Willamette University, Dr. Chan received her PsyD in Clinical Psychology, with a specialization in health psychology from Pacific University. She completed an APA accredited psychology internship in rehabilitation psychology at the Missouri Health and Sciences Consortium in Columbia, MO and a 1 year fellowship in Behavioral Medicine at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, PA.
At MedStar NRH, she brings her health psychology background and specialized knowledge of rehabilitation psychology services to her work with patients. Dr. Chan provides psychotherapeutic interventions to help individuals alleviate suffering from the psychological and physical pains related to traumatic injuries and other long term medical conditions.
- Graduate Education: Seattle Pacific University (2015)
- MedStar National Rehabilitation Hospital