- Emergency Medicine
Munish Goyal, MD, FACEP is an attending physician in the Emergency Department at MedStar Washington Hospital Center and an associate professor of Emergency Medicine at the Georgetown University School of Medicine. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Emergency Physicians. Dr. Goyal has published more than 50 manuscripts, reviews and book chapters. He is currently research director in the Department of Emergency Medicine, a member of the MedStar Health Research Institute Institutional Review Board and Associate Program Director of the Critical Care Medicine fellowship. Dr. Goyal has been selected "Clinical Teacher of the Year", "Faculty of the Year" and "Nurses Choice - Physician Collaborator" while at MedStar Health.
Dr. Goyal focuses his efforts to identify reversible problems and to explain medical issues to patients in an understandable manner. His purpose is to be there for the patient and to make the situation better. Dr. Goyal stresses the importance of setting realistic expectations for patients, so they have an accurate understanding of the situation at hand.
Dr. Goyal believes that the cornerstone of good health is a consistent, honest relationship with the primary care doctor. As a physician in the ER, he and his team help patients as much as they can in the moment of crisis, but they can't take the place of regular checkups with a primary care doctor who knows the patient's complete medical history. When people come to the ER for an emergency situation, they are understandably upset and stressed and can forget to tell the staff important information. Dr. Goyal urges those coming to the ER to bring all of their medications and medical records (if possible) and write down their symptoms, the timeline and as much background information as possible.
- Fellowship Program: University of Maryland Medical System (2004)
- Residency Program: Christiana Care Health System (2003)
- Medical School: Medical College of Virginia (2000)
- Board Certification: American Board of Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- MedStar Montgomery Medical Center
- MedStar Harbor Hospital
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center