- Breast Medical Oncology
- Hematology Oncology
- breast cancer
- cancer survivor
- her2 positive breast cancer
- inflammatory breast cancer
- breast cancer biological targeted therapy
- breast cancer chemotherapy
- breast cancer counseling
- breast cancer follow up
Ms. Harrington is an Oncology Nurse Practitioner specializing in breast cancer since 2003. She started her oncology nursing career at Georgetown University Hopsital in the mid 1990s. Since then she worked in the areas of home infusion therapy, a private practice oncology setting and returned to Georgetown in 2003. She worked for several years with women at increased risk for breast cancer and then transitioned back to the medical oncology setting in 2013.
Ms. Harrington's special interests include survivorship, helath promotion and wellness after breast cancer. She also has extensive experience in symptom management of the side effects related chemotherapy, endocrine therapy and immunotherpay as well as management of symptoms related to metastatic disease. The psychological impact of breast cancer on the individual is also a primary focus.
- Graduate Education: George Mason University (2002)
- Board Certification: American Nurses Credentialing Center, Nurse Executive
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital