About MedStar Health
While science is getting better and better at treating people, we’ll never forget the importance of how we simply treat people. At MedStar Health, we use the best of our minds and the best of our hearts to serve our patients, those who care for them, and our communities.
MedStar Health strives to provide the highest quality care for people in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., with compassion and respect. We know that our ability to treat others well begins with how we treat each other. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians are committed to living our core SPIRIT values—Service, Patient first, Integrity, Respect, Innovation, and Teamwork—no matter where they work across our diverse health system.
We know you want nothing but the best health care for you and your family, but life gets busy. We strive to make world-class health care accessible through easy, convenient access whether you’re being cared for at one of our physician offices or urgent care centers in your neighborhood, our regional ambulatory care centers, or one of our 10 hospitals. With our telemedicine eVisit services and the region’s largest home health agency, we even make it possible for you to be treated in your own home.
We are an organization that is dedicated to advancing health through learning and continuously applying new knowledge. As partners with Georgetown University for nearly 20 years, we are training the next generation of physicians, and are committed to the ongoing education and professional development of our associates. We’re always finding new ways to treat you better.
Committed to Our Communities
Whether we see you at a MedStar Health facility or a program in your neighborhood, as a not-for-profit health system, we are committed to the health and wellness of the communities we serve. After all, our associates live in the same communities we serve.
To be the trusted leader in caring for people and advancing health.
To serve our patients, those who care for them, and our communities.
Our Values (SPIRIT)
- Service – We strive to anticipate and meet the needs of our patients, physicians, and co-workers.
- Patient first – We strive to deliver the best to every patient every day. The patient is the first priority in everything we do.
- Integrity – We communicate openly and honestly, build trust, and conduct ourselves according to the highest ethical standards.
- Respect – We treat each individual, those we serve and those with whom we work, with the highest professionalism and dignity.
- Innovation – We embrace change and work to improve all we do in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Teamwork – System effectiveness is built on the collective strength and cultural diversity of everyone, working with open communication and mutual respect.